Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

I know I have resorted to this picture many times, but it just seems to be so funny. We went to the zoo today because it was so nice here - nice breeze and not too hot. Colin was really excited on the way there, we sang "Going to the zoo zoo zoo" all the way there. Our first stop is always the monkeys because we can take an elevator and not have to fight the hills at the zoo =) I of course wanted to see his reaction to the gorillas. The first picture below is of Colin at the zoo when he was only 4 months old with the gorilla, not even realizing that he was there. Today, Colin wouldn't even get close to the glass and was ready to leave once the gorilla slammed on the glass, understood. My kid was the only one who cried multiple times at the zoo, first at the gorillas, then at the train (because it was too loud) then in the butterfly exhibit because the little fish in the ponds weren't big enough! All and all it was a fun day, but I realized today that Colin just likes the aquarium at the zoo and I could save myself money and time by just letting Matt take him to Bass Pro to get his fish fix!

October 2007, Colin and the gorilla
July 2009 Colin eyeing the gorilla to make sure he didn't get too close

On the train - Colin not as happy as everyone else



1 comment:

Bond Family said...

Colin, I love to go to the "fish store" too. We should meet sometime.
I miss you. Love, Luca.